"Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy."

Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Eve

In the morning both Griff and I had to work... So my parents watched Blakelee until we got off. I only had to work till 2, Griff had to work a full shift.. Dang it!! When I got off I headed to my parents and we just hung out. When Griff got off he headed to my parents house. We wanted to go grab a bite to eat so we headed out and after driving around to a few restaurants we found that Applebee's was open!! We usually go to my Grandma Anderson's on Christmas Eve but they did their party a week early. So our Eve was very different. We played it by ear and just made it up as we went along. It ended up being a fun dinner with my parents!! When we got back to their house we watched a Christmas Story since it is on TV all day!!
Afterwards we headed out so we could go see his family. When we got to their house no one was home. They were out at the Airport picking Devin up since he has been on his Medical Rotations, he was only able to spend about 22 hours with us... Bummer!!! Once everyone was home we sat and chatted for a bit. I gave Griff 2 gifts that he was able to open, they were pj's for him and Blakelee!!! This is now our Tradition. I loved having one gift to open every Christmas Eve and being able to wear my new pj's to bed! We put Blake's and Beau to bed so we all could play some games. We played Bingo and Wolf, it was a very fun night!! We stayed up WAY to late but enjoyed every minute of it. 
Gifts from my parents to his!

What a great Christmas Eve.
We went to bed around 3am so Santa could come!!!

No comments: