We were so excited when we were told that we were able to start her on actual food!! So I ran to Target to pick up a good amount of different types of food. It is so dang cute when she gets so excited when we feed her!! She loves food. Every time we are eating our meals she opens her mouth and leans in hoping for a bite haha!! Poor thing... I feel so bad every time I put the food in my mouth and can not give her some. Don't get me wrong we have shared a good amount of different things off our plates with her!! She is such a good eater. It amazes me how much she will eat. Of course it can't be cold!!! Room temperature or warmed. When we feed her her baby food she does tend to make a pretty big mess... She tries really hard to take the spoon from me, with her LEFT hand, to feed herself. Yes Left!!! I am not sure if that means she will be a lefty or not... There are other things she uses her right hand for, such as: grabbing her toys, touching our faces, and rubbing her eyes. So we will see.
1st Food Carrots
She did so good with the carrots. I was surprised that she loved them as much as she did!! She could not get enough of them. When I would take the spoon away to refill it she would scream at me... "hurry mom!!!" By the way don't mind the mess on her face it looks really gross haha!!
Prunes and Rice
With her Prunes I put rice in them so it would make her fuller, well she didn't love it at first! Lets cross our fingers she isn't a texture eater like her daddy!!! It took a few spoon fulls for her to realize it was yummy. You can see in the pictures how she eats.. She grabs my pinky finger hahaha, this way she is in control of when the spoon is in and our of her mouth. It makes me laugh because EVERY time we feed her she grabs the pinky or the spoon!
Pea's were really tasty for her! She loved every bite right after she realized it was good. Her first taste of every food she pulls a face because she is not quite sure what it is or if it is good. I am so beyond glad that she does eat and like her veggies. It makes for a proud and happy mama.
When I fed her bananas she was VERY tired!! She was pretty much all ready for bed, just missing her night bottle. So as you can tell she was slouchy and not as excited. But all in all she Loved her nanners!!
We have a super awesome eater (so far) on our hands!! Hallelujah it is so nice that she will eat what we give her!! We love this baby girl to the moon and back!!
Side note of cute little things she has been doing as of late:
- The bucking bronco- she will literally buck while you are holding her or when you sit her in her bumbo or high chair. If you don't have a good grip on her she will tip over or bonk her head! SO cute!
- NO- It is the cutest thing when she is laying down, has the back of her head against your chest, or doing tummy time her head will go back and forth like she is saying no!! If I say no to her sometimes (not often) she will do the head shake. It cracks us up so much. She starts to giggle with it haha she knows she got mom and dad laughing!
- Scooting- She has been scooting backwards, but now she has started to scoot in a circle!! I lay her one way and walk away, when I come back she is the opposite direction. She then will grin ear to ear at me!
- Jumping Bean- When you hold her in the standing position on the floor or on your lap she just jumps away!! She loves it and will giggle so much with it. It must tickle her tummy.
- Drooling- Her shirts and soaking wet by the end of the day! She wants to be chewing on something constantly: fingers, toys, teething rings, blankets, burp clothes, and pillows.
- Tongue- She must be teething or just love the feeling (^^ same goes for these ^^). She will push her tongue down over her bottom gums and push it against her bottom lip. She does it over and over, it is seriously so cute!!!
- When we are holding her or she is in her play saucer or swing, and she hears our voice or wants to see something that is away from her she will lean over and look around what ever is in her way just see what she need to see. Such as Griffin was asleep on one side of the couch and we were sitting on the other side. She leans all the way around me cranks her head just so she could see his face to see what he was doing, then she smiled!! What silly girl.