"Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy."

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh Baby Baby

We are now getting down to the nitty gritty... Less than 5 weeks left!! We can't even wait. We are a bit nervous and scared but what new parents aren't?? There seems to be a never ending list of things that I want done and that need to be done before she is born. Her base boards and getting painted but we haven't even started painting her door, we need to move the bed out of her room and set up her crib, wash her clothes (the newborns at least), get her some cute bows and headbands for her newborn pictures, find a photographer to take her newborn pictures that isn't to pricey, and still get diapers, formula, bottles, more burp rags, car seat, and stroller. We for sure still have many things but we do have a few more showers!!
I met my new doctor on Tuesday.. I was a bit nervous going to a new doctor, a boy doctor, being in a new clinic and going alone!! But everything turned out great. He was very nice, his name is Dr. Ollerton. They told me I can see him the rest of the time or I can schedule to meet the other doctors until I deliver... with only 5 weeks left I would rather see just the same doctor!! I will be seeing him every week from here on out.
It is for sure getting more and more uncomfortable being pregnant... she on average weighs over 5 pounds which is heavy including all the other additional weight from just being pregnant. I am not use to having this extra weight.. it is hard to bend over, sleep, stand all day, sit, lay on my back, and do a lot of movement! It will all be so worth it in the end though :).
I only have roughly 4 weeks left at work until I go on maternity. It is a non paid leave, which will be a struggle but we will make it work. I do have some vacation time that I will be using, so that will be a huge help. And if anyone needs a haircut while I am off I will be more then willing to do some cuts. I leave September 21st and return November 3rd. I know that it is going to be one of the hardest things going back to work and not being with my baby girl, so I am just preparing myself now so I am not as huge of a wreck! My sister will be watching Blakelee most of the week!! I can not be more thankful that I have a sister who lives so close to my work and is willing to help us out. She will have her 3 days a weeks, Griff will get a fun daddy daughter day every Saturday, I will get her all Friday, and Wednesdays we will play it by ear. It is going to be very stressful trying to get her on a schedule while running her around so much but I just hope that we can find the best schedule for us.
We are so excited to enter into this new life for ourselves, it is coming very fast like I say all the time!! It will be a whole new chapter in our life's. Blakelee we are so thrilled to meet you and see who you look like!! You let us know you are in my tummy all the time, with your hiccups or your kicks. We loving feeling and seeing you move around so much. We love you so much!!!

No comments: